Look at the big pile of adorable that arrived in my mail today.
Yes, that’s right, Sailor Moon nail polishes. I collect nail polishes and when my friend pointed me to The Lovely Moon Collection, I fell in love. Clockwise from top right, the collection includes “Rei”, “Usagi”, “Minako”, “Ami”, “Makoto” and an extra sixth colour called “Moon Kitty”. Please excuse my terrible photography, but really, nothing comes close to capturing Daily Lacquer’s awesome previews;
They are just as vibrant and sweet in real life and I’m going to ramble about them a lot, because I like nail polish.
These aren’t the first Sailor Moon-themed nail polish blends, but they appealed to me because it’s obvious that a lot of thought has gone into them. They’re not just a generic set of basic primary/secondary colours with maybe some glitter; actual consideration has gone into connecting each one with their character.
All of them, as a start, have star and moon shapes in them, colour-coordinated of course. This is an obvious and adorable link back to Sailor Moon. Mars, Jupiter and Moon are clear with glitter, Venus is a tint, and Mercury & Moon Kitty are opaque jelly polishes.
Mars’s glitters are sharp, with a lot of colour variation that makes me think of fire, and just a hint of purple. They all have stars in them, but the red stars in “Rei” remind me of Sailor Mars’s earrings, too.
The shapes in Jupiter’s are all quite large and chunky compared to the others, adding to its charm - just like Jupiter.
I like that Venus is a tint, because people can never seem to pick if her colour is orange or yellow, and this works well both ways. I’m really attracted to the blue sparkles - the blue in Venus’s design often gets overlooked, but the shade picked is perfect.
Moon? Ok, Moon is like a party popper in a bottle. It’s straight-up confetti on your nails in here. Looking at it makes me think of Usagi wearing a party dress. The mix of colours relate to all of Moon’s outfits, which run a wider variety of colours than the others’.
Mercury and Moon Kitty are my favourites. The colours are very clear and so beautiful; the shades are just so attractive and the jelly finish works perfectly. The smaller, less obtrusive glitters in Mercury’s remind me of mist; the unified colour of the glitter in Moon Kitty and the way the silver moons stand out against the purple reminds me so much of Luna.
Nailpolishes are already linked to the Sailor Soldiers transforming, but the square/pentagonal/hexagonal shapes in these blends are my favourite parts, because they remind me so much of the shapes that are ubiquitous with the Sailor Soldiers’ later transformation sequences;
(Photos are from Daily Lacquer’s listings.)
Basically what I’m trying to say is that a lot of effort, thought and planning clearly went into these polishes, and they’re gorgeous as a result. At $8 a generously-sized bottle they’re very reasonable, and you get a great discount if you buy them as a set.
I live in Australia. I waited months for my Shirt Punch shirt to arrive. These got to me within a week, and the packaging was just as cute and thoughtful as the product. If you like nailpolish even as half as much as I do, I heartily recommend these.
- jadiejadie likes this
- theymightbebeatles likes this
- worldbetweenworlds likes this
- davidbr0wie likes this
- unicornsaurusrex reblogged this from morganwerewolf and added:
- likewaxspilling likes this
- ionicaq reblogged this from kijutsushi
- jeppipa likes this
- shaybadoobie likes this
- kijutsushi reblogged this from sailorfailures
- waslikesstuff likes this
- emmersdrawberry reblogged this from amusementofaprincess and added:
- emmersdrawberry likes this
- amusementofaprincess reblogged this from morganwerewolf and added:
- morganwerewolf reblogged this from ghost-hype and added:
- ghost-hype reblogged this from sailorfailures
- penciledcappers reblogged this from sailorfailures
- faerielandsforlorn reblogged this from sailorfailures and added:
- fayorei likes this
- midnightbluebelle likes this
- nerdyhbic reblogged this from sailorfailures
- skwerlftaghn likes this
- duchess-of-aquitaine likes this
- blue-koneko likes this
- sarahwithherheadintheclouds reblogged this from sailorfailures
- kanaruaizawa16 reblogged this from sailorfailures
- kanaruaizawa16 likes this
- lexdysic likes this
- chuplayswithfire likes this
- imymemani likes this
- emilyecstasytm likes this
- sinbiotic likes this
- akikolikesstuff likes this
- careless-seafoam likes this
- onwaxwings likes this
- tolovetodream likes this
- catherinearbour likes this
- ribbonsandstars likes this
- bunnydot likes this
- monopuff likes this
- queenblurblab likes this
- mostlyharmsless likes this
- devilsfruitsalad likes this
- devilsfruitsalad reblogged this from darkpuck
- shitnutmegglikes reblogged this from chibi-lina
- passionatekitsune likes this
- inthebathory likes this
- loki-you-little-shit likes this
- jetsetequidan reblogged this from sailorfailures
- cinemadoll likes this