Well. As someone who is genderqueer, I want to point out that my understanding of that phrase is not to do with people who are actually trans* at all, but cis people who are mistaken for another gender. The mentality is not “ugh I thought they were a girl but turns out they were trans* I WAS TRAPPED!!”. Please don’t think of me as “transmisogynistic” since I’ve had to face a lot of that myself.
However, I also know that’s not important here. I’m truly sorry that I triggered you and that what I said upset you. I understand where you are coming from and I agree that it was thoughtless of me and that this is an important issue. I’ll remove it and endeavour not to say it again, and I hope you’re OK.
people look way too into things…they need to calm down…it’s anime not a political poster
I don’t agree with that either. This is a serious issue and I don’t want people to get triggered from reading my blog. I don’t think it being “just anime” changes the effect that words can have, and it’s not hard to see how it could be extremely hurtful.
- iamacollectionofmiscellanyandtea likes this
- ununnilium likes this
- danidandidaneee said: damn frizzy you are full of class! this response was so kind and elegant!
- danidandidaneee likes this
- ivysaurr likes this
- ultipoter said: Oh my god this is beautiful, is this really happening on the internet?
- sleepandbooks likes this
- isleptpassnoon likes this
- invinciblend likes this
- theponicorn said: You’re awesome for reacting in this way. Also, I think people should consider a bit more into how intersectional their behavior and language is, considering oppressing language is usually under-looked and regarded as just a joke.
- malachite-serpent likes this
- akikolikesstuff said: Just gonna say, since “it’s a trap” is more of a joke/phrase thing that people on the internet generally understand to be funny as opposed to offensive, I think you should tag thinks how you want. And not because someone took it personally.
- oswald-ears said: This is probably the nicest and most polite way I’ve ever seen a situation like this pan out on the internet. <3
- oswald-ears likes this
- theponicorn likes this
- tokomon said: people look way too into things…they need to calm down…it’s anime not a political poster
- sailorfailures posted this