Hi there! Nice to meet you. Firstly, isn’t there a difference between copying something and making fan-works based off it? I mean, how do you feel about people who publish doujinshi or who sell fanart commissions? Hopefully you don’t think they’re “little shits” or “phoney fans” too, because they’re just trying to spread their love of Sailor Moon, usually for very little compensation. To be “copying” Sailor Moon, wouldn’t I have to be doing something like ripping off its storyline for a comic of my own, or pretending as though the designs on the T-shirts/iPhone cases had nothing to do with Sailor Moon? I’m just not sure you understand the meaning of the word “scam”.
Secondly, Usagi is a fictional character, but if she were real I think she’d be thrilled to see people wearing/using T-shirts or iPhone cases celebrating herself and her friends. I’d be more concerned with how Naoko Takeuchi, a real person, would feel, and considering how many changes and money-grabbing moves TOEI has made, I don’t think a few overpriced T-shirts would bother her.
And thirdly, and most importantly, I am getting zero (0) percent of any of this stuff. RedBubble merchandise is expensive enough as it is, so I set my “margin”/cut to 0% in an attempt to make them more affordable. I mostly made these designs so that I could order them myself, or for fun to see how they’d look, and I have no interest in making any money off them. If anything, I’m actually offering free labour to the Sailor Moon community with no interest in compensation so that other people can get sweet Ts.
Thanks for the lovely message though! I’m sure Usagi would approve of language and baseless conjecture like that.
- siacatmesecat likes this
- -escapist likes this
- kyandi likes this
- hinatawishesshecouldtapthat likes this
- digitalmeowmix likes this
- loveandnature said: Lol at this moron! I wish I had money for a case! They are amazing! Totally putting it on my Xmas list though. Hopefully you are still selling them by then.
- asylum-countess likes this
- phantomcellistf likes this
- tabuneko likes this
- tabuneko said: Man, some people like complaining about everything. Love how they have to go as Anon to make their “point”. Be brave & attach your name to it, geez. Anyways, I love your iPhone covers! I would buy one if I had an iPhone (Sailor Mercury one for me)
- jhenne-bean likes this
- blewupthesun likes this
- ellorgast said: I do, in fact, own a doujinshi published by Naoko’s former drawing assistant, clearly created with Naoko’s blessing. I believe Naoko collects fan-made and bootleg merch
- thesidekickcomplex likes this
- sailormoonbitches said: It’s funny because tons of ~fans~ do this kind of shit. Get over yourself Anon, they’re nice.
- highsummoneryunie said: Amen to you girl! I love you and them.
- highsummoneryunie likes this
- magic-cancel said: USAGI WOULD BE ASHAMED LOL
- bottledfaerie likes this
- katfaceonaplanet likes this
- autobrobot likes this
- 8melodies said: Silly anon. U so silly.
- ghostingthespace likes this
- yen-sama likes this
- dick-witch likes this
- dick-witch said: hahaha. pwned.
- sailorfailures posted this